Thank you for contacting us, we will reply as soon as possible
Ideal for first-time visitors, the Ancient Rome walking tour is a perfect introductory walk to the city's most famous monuments.
The guided Ancient Rome walking tour, ideal for first-time visitors, is a perfect walk introduction of Ancient Rome: it gives you the chance to explore the most important sites of the city at your own pleasure. The Ancient Rome walking tour begins at the end of the Corso, in Piazza Venezia, where you will find the ruins of a 2nd century AD apartment house. We will then head to the Capitoline Hill, the most important and sacred area of Ancient Rome, true hub of its political and religious life.
Opposite the Capitoline hill is another hill, the Palatine, and a valley, the Roman Forum. According to tradition it is on the Palatine hill that the early inhabitants of Rome settled on 21 April 753 BC, a date annually celebrated in Rome. This phase of the earliest beginnings also includes the birth of the Roman Forum in the nearby valley, a natural meeting place and trading point for all the people of the area. The Forum houses famous buildings like the Temple of Saturn, the Senate house and the Arch of Titus.
Not to be missed during the Ancient Rome walking tour is the area of the Imperial Fora created by the first emperors as new public business centres suitable for the public activities of the growing State. These Imperial Fora border on the old Roman Forum and together they form the largest monumental area in the ancient western world.
Last but not least we will visit the Colosseum, Rome's largest and most famous monument, inaugurated in the year 80 AD, symbol throughout the centuries of the majesty of the head of the world.
A number of major sites are covered in a short space of time and you will receive informative insights into the city's millennia of history as you stroll around.
The entertaining and educational four-hour Ancient Rome walking tour is led by skilled archaeologists able to unlock Rome's numerous secrets. For added value to the tour we will have prearranged entrance tickets to the Colosseum in advance to avoid the long queues as you enter.
- Available: all year round
- Tour length: 3 hours
- Pick up - drop off location: to be advised at the time of booking
- Pick up time (suggested): 9:00am/2:00 pm
- Colosseum (inside visit)
- Roman Forum (outside visit)
- Capitoline hill (overview)
- Imperial Fora
- Basilica of Maxentius
- Professional licensed English speaking guide
- Entrance fees (Colosseum, Roman Forum prebooked tickets Euro 15 per person)
- The proposed itineraries are only examples of possible tours. For different pick up / drop off locations or customized itineraries we invite our clients to contact one of our tour coordinators to help them design their own tour. The order of sites may change.
- Your guide will have no problem if you would like to take extra hours.