Thank you for contacting us, we will reply as soon as possible
The region of Tuscany in Italy is one of the most famous for the production of both olive oil and wine, rich in diversity and quality.
Its geographical location with the Tyrrhenian sea to the west, the Appennine mountains to the east and its hilly formation make it a perfect area to produce an excellent product.
In particular, Tuscany has developed numerous areas of production protected by the "DOGC" label as a result of which the name on the product alone ensures quality: Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, Vernaccia di San Gimignano, Nobile di Montepulciano among others. These wines can only be produced and labelled within these areas.
We have created a number of tours for wine lovers that focus on each of these areas. These excursions are conceived so that our customers can also savour the splendour of the landscape, the presence of castles, abbeys, fortresses and of course no tour would ever be complete without savouring the marvellous Tuscan cuisine.
Our tour includes Greve, one of the centres of the wine business. We will visit Piazza Matteotti with its porticoes, enjoying the many little handicraft shops, wine cellars and the five-century-old butcher’s shop, Falorni, famous all over the world for its beef, salami, ham and many types of sausage.
We will then take the Chiantigiana Road, in the heart of Chianti Classico, where the most famous Italian red wine, with the black rooster as its symbol, is produced. We will take a unique scenic route, passing through the little towns of Panzano, Castellina and Gaiole, stopping at a famous well rated winery for wine and olive oil tasting.
- Available: all year round
- Tour length: full day
- Pick up - drop off location: to be confirmed at the time of booking
- Pick up time (suggested): 8.00am
- Luxury air conditioned vehicle
- English speaking driver
- Bottled water
- Parking, tolls, gasoline and driver maintenance
- Entrance fees, if required - unless otherwise specified
- All Taxes
- Chianti area (driving time from Florence approx 45 minutes)
- Montalcino (driving time from Florence approx 80 minutes)
- Montepulciano (driving time from Florence approx 90 minutes)
- Bolgheri (driving time from Florence approx 120 minutes)
The proposed itineraries are only examples of possible tours. For different pick up/drop off locations or customized itineraries we invite our clients to contact one of our tour coordinators to help them design their own tour.